Career Expo Attendees FAQ
- Who should attend a Salon Help Wanted Career Expo?
- Hair Stylists, Barbers, Nail Technicians, Estheticians, Massage Therapists, Makeup Artists, or anyone searching to further their career in the Beauty Industry. All aspects of the Beauty Industry are welcome!
- Current cosmetology students and alumni interested in finding an internship and/or full-time employment after graduation
- Current cosmetology students and alumni interested in networking with employers
- How Much Does the Expo Cost?
- There is no fee for job seekers to attend our expos.
- Some venues may have food and beverage available for purchase.
- What organizations will be attending the Career Expo?
- A list of exhibitors will be available on our expo information page one week prior to the event.
- What should I bring and do I need to pre-register?
- You should bring your ID, professional license, portfolio, and 5-10 copies of your resume to hand out to potential employers.
- An RSVP is not required to attend. However, we encourage you to RSVP so we have an idea of how many attendees to expect, and allows you to express an interest in employers by visiting our Upcoming Expos page. Click on the expo you are interested in and submit the registration form.
- What should I do to prepare for the Expo?
- Post your written or video resume to salonhelpwanted.com.
- Research the posted jobs you are interested in and the corresponding companies. Be familiar with what positions they have available, and how your skills fit with each position.
- Come up with a few questions to ask each employer.
- Practice your handshake and a quick introduction.
- Practice your interview skills.
- What should I wear?
- We recommend dressing professionally, especially if you are actively searching for an apprenticeship or full-time position.
- Business casual might be appropriate for some employers, but do your research ahead of time on what is appropriate. It’s important to make a good first impression!
Feb 5 @ 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Are you just starting out in your career or still searching for the right fit? Then this career expo is for you! This event will host employers from all aspects of the Beauty Industry, including Hair Salons,